FINALLY, A VALUE SWITCH SCALABLE TO 10GbE
The BS-MP20 is a multi gigabit business switch built upon the 802.3bz standard, which positions small businesses to maximize current network infrastructure while preparing them for later transition to 10GbE. The primary advantage of the 802.3bz standard is the flexibility to support 2.5, 5 and 10GBASE-T networks through the same switch.
Most small businesses have existing network infrastructure that will not support 10GbE requirements. BS-MP20 allows these businesses to achieve faster through put at 2.5 and 5GbE with basic Cat 5e cabling. By using the intermediate speeds supported in BS-MP20 businesses can take advantage of up to 5x increased bandwidth over existing 1GbE infrastructure while planning future network improvements. To transition to 10GbE networking in a cost effective manner, this switch is a perfect complement to the TeraStation 5010 line of NAS devices which features up to 2 native 10GbE ports.
The BS-MP20 series features a compact design that can sit on a desktop, mounted on a wall or in a rack. Additionally, the chassis design supports noise reduction. To simplify installation, Buffalo includes rubber feet for desktop use and rails for rack-mounting, making the BS-MP20 a snap to setup. BS-MP20 is available in 8-port and 12-port options.
Buffalo engineers ensure plug and play installation means just that, and no additional software or configuration is required. Customers can simply plug in their network-ready devices, and the BS-MP20 switch will configure the correct connection. Each port automatically detects and configures the correct connection while full duplex operation provides maximum performance.
- 8 or 12 ports for fast multi-gigabit network speeds
- Full duplex operation provides maximum performance
- IEEE 802.3az standard (Green Ethernet technology) for reduced power consumption
- Automatic energy conservation feature reduces total power consumption
- Durable metal chassis
- BS-MP20 switches automatically detect and configure the correct connection for each port, eliminating need to manually configure connections
- Easily mounts in a rack, on a wall, or on desktop. Rubber feet and rails are included with all models.
- Internal power supply eliminates "wall warts" and simplifies cable management
- Multi gigabit options of 2.5, 5, and 10 GbE speeds
More from the Manufacturer