Every Mac comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ extends your hardware, software, and telephone support coverage to 3-years total.
AppleCare+ can be purchased with your new Mac or within 60 from the original date of purchase.
The standard complimentary 90-day phone support is extended to a 3-year plan, giving you one number to call for all your technical questions.
Global Repair Coverage
AppleCare+ adds global repair coverage for your Mac and its original included accessories for protection against defects in materials or workmanship, batteries that retain less than 80 percent of their original capacity, and up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of your Mac, each incident being subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other damage, plus applicable tax. Please note that if your Mac has catastrophic damage from an accident or is inoperable after unauthorized modifications, you will need to buy a replacement.
One Stop for Technical Support
Because Apple designs the computer, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And the AppleCare+ Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. You get:
- 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone
- Global repair coverage
- Mail-in repair for portable computers: Mail in your Mac using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple
- Carry-in repair: Take your Mac to an Apple Retail Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
Apple Hardware Coverage
AppleCare+ for Mac provides global repair coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians around the world. Coverage includes the following Apple hardware coverage includes:
- Mac computer and battery
- Included accessories such as the power adapter
- Apple memory (RAM)
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other damage, plus applicable tax
Software Support Included
Whether you're in your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of Mac topics, including:
- Using the macOS and iCloud
- Quick how-to questions about Apple-branded apps, such as Photos, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and more
- Connecting to printers and AirPort networks